Creating a professional fitness website can seem like an expensive and daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and guidance, you can build a fitness website on a budget that still looks great and functions efficiently.
Squarespace is an excellent platform for creating affordable websites without sacrificing quality. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of building a fitness website on a budget using Squarespace, and at the end, we’ll introduce you to our fitness website templates to help you get started even faster.
1. Choose a Squarespace plan that fits your budget
Squarespace offers several pricing plans to suit different budgets and needs. Before you start building your fitness website, take some time to review the available plans and choose the one that best fits your requirements and budget. At Digital Bear Design we always recommend our clients start with the Business Plan as this enables you to use custom code on your website to help make it completely personalised.
Keep in mind that investing in a higher-tier plan may provide more features and flexibility, but you can always start with a lower-tier plan and upgrade later as your business grows.
2. Pick a template and customise it
One of the main benefits of using Squarespace is its wide selection of professionally designed templates. The great thing about these templates is that you won’t need to purchase any additional plugins, they come with everything you need. Browse through the available templates and choose one that aligns with your brand’s style and goals. Squarespace templates are fully customisable, so don’t worry if you don’t find a perfect match – you can always tweak the design later to better suit your needs.
Searching for a fitness niche-specific template design or members area? Why not explore our exclusive collection of fitness website templates to kickstart your online presence with ease. Our templates also come with a portal full of video tutorials to help you along the way.
Customising your chosen template is easy, thanks to Squarespace’s intuitive drag-and-drop editor. Update your chosen template with your brand colours, fonts, and images to make it your own. Remember to keep your design clean, simple, and easy to navigate, as this will create a better user experience for your site visitors. If you have chosen one of our own templates, the fonts and colours will have been updated for you.
3. Create compelling content
Your fitness website’s content is just as important as its design. High-quality, engaging content will help you attract and retain visitors, as well as establish your brand as an authority in the fitness industry. Start by creating a homepage that clearly communicates your brand’s mission and services. Include a compelling headline and a clear call-to-action (CTA) to guide visitors towards taking the desired action, such as signing up for a newsletter or booking a consultation.
Need more help with creating hooks and headlines that convert? Send us a message on Instagram today, and we’ll be delighted to assist you by offering a FREE guide on creating irresistible hooks and headlines that encourage action and maximise conversions.
Next, create an “About” page to tell your story and showcase your expertise, passion, and experience. Don’t forget to include a professional-looking photograph of yourself to help establish trust and credibility with your audience.
Additionally, create pages for your services, programs or results, providing detailed descriptions of what you offer, the benefits clients can expect, and pricing information.
4. Optimise your website for SEO
Even if you’re working with a limited budget, it’s essential to optimise your fitness website for search engine optimization (SEO). This will help your site rank higher in search results, driving more organic traffic to your website. To optimise your site for SEO, consider the following tips:
- Perform keyword research to identify relevant keywords and phrases that your target audience is likely to search for when looking for fitness services. Incorporate these keywords into your website’s content, headings, and meta tags.
- Create high-quality, engaging content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience. Regularly publishing informative blog posts, articles, and resources will not only attract visitors but also signal to search engines that your site is an authoritative source of information.
- Make sure you connect your Google account to your Squarespace website. This will activate Google Search Console which helps search engines can easily crawl and index your content. This includes creating a clear site hierarchy, using descriptive anchor text for internal links, and implementing an XML sitemap. Not only that it also helps to gather and show you information of what visitors are viewing, what devices they are using and the location they are based.
- Prioritise mobile-friendliness by ensuring that your fitness website is responsive and displays correctly on various devices and screen sizes.
Even on a budget, there are numerous marketing strategies that can help you attract visitors to your fitness website and grow your online presence. Here are some cost-effective tactics to consider:
- Social Media: Direct clients and potential clients to your website or landing page where they can find out more information and sign up to your programme. At Digital Bear Design we also incorporate a links page within our templates to help direct people from your social media account to where they want to go such as signing up to an email list, listening to a podcast or joining a programme.
- Email Marketing: Build an email list by offering a valuable incentive, such as a free eBook, workout plan, or nutrition guide, in exchange for a visitor’s email address. Use a free or low-cost email marketing service like Mailchimp or ConvertKit to send regular newsletters, promotions, and updates to your subscribers. Within your emails you can also send potential clients to your website.
- Networking and Collaboration: Connect with other fitness professionals, local businesses, or influencers in your niche. Collaborate on content, host joint events, or exchange guest posts to expand your reach and establish credibility in your industry.
- Content Marketing: Publish high-quality, informative content on your fitness website that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience. This could include blog posts, articles, videos, or podcasts. Promote your content through social media, email marketing, and guest posting on relevant websites.
- Online Directories and Review Sites: List your fitness business on popular online directories and review sites like Google My Business, Yelp, and Trustpilot. Encourage satisfied clients to leave positive reviews, as these can significantly influence potential clients’ decision-making process.
Creating a fitness website on a budget is entirely possible with the right tools and strategies. By using Squarespace as your platform, you can build an affordable, professional-looking website that effectively showcases your fitness brand and attracts clients. You can optimise your website with SEO, create compelling content, and leverage free or low-cost marketing strategies to grow your online presence and reach your target audience.
Let’s take a more in-depth look at our Fitness Website Templates
To help you get started even faster and with greater ease, we offer fitness website templates specifically designed for fitness professionals. Our templates are not only visually appealing but also optimised for performance, lead generation, and user experience. By choosing one of our templates, you’ll be able to focus on your core business – helping your clients achieve their fitness goals – while we take care of the technical aspects.
Our fitness website templates include:
- A Membership Area: An integrated membership area allows you to offer exclusive content and resources to your clients, helping you create a sense of community and foster long-term relationships.
- Lead Generation: We understand the importance of capturing leads for your fitness business. Our templates come with built-in lead generation features, such as a landing page and forms scattered on the site, to help you grow your email list and convert visitors into clients.
- Copywriting: Our templates are 80% pre-written, reducing the burden of writer’s block! Simply adjust the content to better suit your specific niche, and you’re all set.
- Thank You Page: Show your appreciation to new clients or subscribers by directing them to a custom thank-you page, where you can provide further information or exclusive offers.
- Links Page: Make it easy for your audience to navigate your website and find essential resources with a dedicated links page.
- Mobile-Responsive Design: Our fitness website templates are designed to look and perform flawlessly on all devices, ensuring a seamless browsing experience for your clients, no matter how they access your site.
- Customisable Design: We know that every fitness brand is unique, which is why our templates are fully customizable. You can easily change colours, fonts, and other design elements to match your brand identity and create a consistent online presence.
By choosing one of our fitness website templates, you’ll save time, money, and effort, allowing you to focus on growing your fitness business and helping your clients achieve their goals.
Take the first step towards creating an impactful fitness website on a budget and check out our range of templates at Digital Bear Design.